[blindlaw] Introduction and hello!

Avino, Kristy kavino at McCarter.com
Tue Apr 12 17:24:51 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I wanted to say hello and introduce myself as I've been following the board for several months now.  I have been getting useful nuggets of information from the archives for a few months now, so thank you!

I practice employment counseling and litigation at McCarter & English in Boston, MA.  BC Law class of 2003.  I learned I had retinitis pigmentosa one year after I graduated from law school, which was a complete surprise, as no one else in my family has it.  Legally blind since last fall, which again was a surprise as I thought I had a good number of years to go before I reached that point.  Trying to figure out how to use and get training for JAWS while maintaining my practice.  Also trying to figure out how to do all the things I ordinarily do in my practice (review paper documents!  Read paper books!) and if it can still be done as efficiently and effectively as before.  Anyone in the same boat or who has been through it before can feel free to reach out though the board or offline.

All the best,
Kristy

Kristy L. Avino | Associate
McCARTER & ENGLISH, LLP

265 Franklin Street | Boston, Massachusetts 02110
T: 617-449-6577
F: 617-607-9135
kavino at mccarter.com | http://www.mccarter.com

BOSTON | HARTFORD | STAMFORD | NEW YORK | NEWARK
EAST BRUNSWICK | PHILADELPHIA | WILMINGTON | WASHINGTON, DC

This email message from the law firm of McCarter & English, LLP is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.