[blindlaw] Timing of Exams

James Fetter jtfetter at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 7 20:47:43 UTC 2016

I would have to agree. My law school has been very flexible with exam accommodations, even to the point of allowing me to take a longer exam on two consecutive days, if desired, or taking exams at home if convenient. Is that level of flexibility required by the ADA? No, but it certainly makes life easier. If you think that the denial of the accommodation will hurt your performance, and if you have a concrete reason for asking for a different accommodation that is related to your disability, then by all means fight this. Otherwise, you may be stuck with the accommodation your school offered.

Sent from my iPhone