[blindlaw] ; Determining Page Numbers when Reading Cases in WestLaw Next

Aimee Harwood awildheir at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 09:29:46 UTC 2016

Hello Shannon,

I use Lexis and Westlaw mobile primarily on my iPhone and iPad. I have discovered that a double tap and hold at the top of the case on the court information just under the case name will bring up a couple "Menu Items" similar to what pops up when you highlight text on your phone or iPad. One option is coffee with citation. Oh wait, that is copy with citation isn't it! Guess I'm the one in need of coffee with my citations. Lol! Any way... back to what I was saying.  I always make sure to select my preferred   reporter before I double-tap and hold to copy the citation.  For your viewing pleasure, I have included a sample of what the above or sa. The first line is just a capital W and capital L.  My expert guess is that for Westlaw :-). There's a blank line followed by the citation. The mobile version does not include any formatting such as underlines or italics nor is there a period at the end of the parenthetical. All other punctuation and spacing appear  to be ok.

WL

Com. v. Kling, 731 A.2d 145 (Pa.Super.,1999)

Once I've decided to use a case, I like to go ahead and prepare different forms of the citation in a file. I find it much easier to copy from my file containing all the cases and their corresponding short citations and paste the correct citation or short citation into my document. In doing this, I only have to change the pinpoint when necessary. My previous roommate gave me that little gem of an idea.

Hope this helps.

Aimee

Sent from my iPhone