[blindlaw] Sighted Assistance at Work

Jen Barrow jlynnbarrow at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 16:29:26 UTC 2016

Hi All,

For those of you who work for legal nonprofits with limited budgets, what
arrangements do you make to get the reader assistance you need?  Does the
existing administrative staff provide your accommodations?  This is what we
do at my organization, but it is not working well because our secretaries
are already stretched with supporting dozens of attorneys.  I'm
brainstorming possible solutions to suggest to management.  Did your
nonprofit hire additional administrative staff?  Or do you use any
combination of law student support and volunteers?

Thanks,

Jen