[blindlaw] Looking for tech tools for blind attorneys

Michael Hernandez mhernandez at just-tech.com
Sun Dec 18 14:55:19 UTC 2016

Hi All,

I hope this email finds you well. I'm researching tools we can purchase to best assist a blind attorney. The attorney I'm researching this for is currently using JAWS. The challenge we are having is finding a tool that helps with landscape documents, charts, graphs and handwritten legal documents. Nuance, which I think is the leader in OCR software, doesn't convert hand written notes or documents very well. I did reach out to JAWS to discuss these challenges. As I type this, I realize when I spoke with them, I focused on charts and hand written documents and didn't bring up landscape documents. They told me, unfortunately these are limitations with the software and there isn't anything on the market to address those challenges. If anyone had the time and could share any information on how you have addressed these challenges, I would greatly appreciate any information you can provide. My company works with Legal Non-Profits across the US, and though I am researching this for one client, any information I find, I would share with others, clients or not. I emailed a nationwide listserv of Legal Non-Profits regarding this challenge, received one response and unfortunately not with information that would help address this challenge.

Thanks for your time and consideration responding to this email. I wish all a Happy Holiday.

Thanks

Michael

[JUST-TECH, LLC]<https://htmlsig.com/t/000001BK9YAR>
Michael Hernandez / Director of Consulting Services
JUST-TECH, LLC
O. 929-277-9804
14 Pennsylvania Plaza, 9th FloorNew York, NY 10122
just-tech.com<https://htmlsig.com/t/000001BK9YAR>