[blindlaw] looking for articles for the Disability Rights Committee's second quarterly newsletter

Deepa Goraya deepa.goraya at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 19:09:12 UTC 2016

Hi everyone,

The ABA Young Lawyers Division Disability Rights Committee,
www.americanbar.org/groups/young_lawyers/committees/disability_rights.html,
will be publishing our second quarterly newsletter on January 19. We
are looking for more short articles and op-eds to include. The
articles we received for our fall newsletter were great and we’d love
more on a wide variety of interesting topics. If anyone would like to
write something, please let me know and have your article to me by the
first week of January. Again, the articles should be short, regarding
recent legal developments or relevant tenets of law (approximately
200-300 words). Some suggestions for articles are: current relevant
topics (such as discussing a recent significant court opinion or case
in disability rights, upcoming significant Supreme Court decision, a
legal event or cconference that just occurred), a discussion about
being an attorney with a disability and your concerns/challenges in
the legal profession, etc. Some examples of op-eds are: Lessons from
One of America’s Best Advocates, Sexism in the Legal Field,
Reflections of a Young Trial Attorney, etc. Note that if you want to
publish an article in our newsletter, we must be your first place of
publication. So please do not send an article that has already been
published somewhere else, not even for another newsletter.

If interested, please email me at deepa_goraya at washlaw.org.

Thank you.

Deepa

DEEPINDER K. GORAYA, ESQ. | STAFF ATTORNEY, DISABILITY RIGHTS PROJECT
WASHINGTON LAWYERS' COMMITTEE FOR CIVIL RIGHTS AND URBAN AFFAIRS
11 Dupont Circle,NW, Suite 400 | Washington, DC  20036
202-319-1000 X132 | Fax 202-319-1010

This email message is from an attorney and may contain information
that is confidential, privileged and/or attorney work product. If you
are not the intended recipient of this email, please immediately
advise the sender that this message was inadvertently transmitted to
you and delete this message, along with any attachments. Please note
that if you are an attorney who received this email about a
prospective client, you must maintain the confidences of the
prospective client. Thank you for your cooperation.