[blindlaw] Internal Office Procedure for Making Documents Accessible to Screen Readers

Luis Mendez lmendez716 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 16:55:25 UTC 2016

Excellent discussion.  I was fortunate to have worked with a paralegal who mastered the ability to produce a high quality OCR document with Adobe Pro.  This is not just a reasonable accommodation.  Producing a well structured OCR document makes it searchable and thus is an indispenbbsable aspect of sound document management-a must in a well run and competitive legal environment.

I would second those who have pointed out the utility of having high quality OCR software at hand, such as Omnipage or Fine Reader. Also, the KNFB. Reader can be quite useful in converting emailed PDF and other documents in inaccessible formats.  Once you convert them safe the documents to Drop Box and import them into your hardware of choice.

Sent from my iPad