[blindlaw] question about accessibility of Lexis v. Westlaw

Deepa Goraya deepa.goraya at gmail.com
Sun Jun 12 19:49:52 UTC 2016

Does anyone know about any articles or postings regarding the accessibility
of Lexis versus Westlaw? I'm trying to convince my employer to switch to
Westlaw, and I need to show them how Westlaw is more accessible compared to
Lexis, particularly Lexis Advance. I know, as I've mentioned before on here,
that Westlaw has a text only version which is great, has referencing
attorneys who know about screen readers and can train people how to use
Westlaw with a screen reader, and seems to be easier to navigate. Lexis is
accessible, but not to the extent that Westlaw is. I can't seem to find
anyone there who can train me on how to use Lexis with a screen reader, and
it doesn't seem to have a more accessible version like Westlaw does. It's
also not as user friendly. But if there are any more formal comparisons out
there, I'd love to be able to share those.

Thanks.

Deepa

Deepinder K. Goraya, ESQ.