[blindlaw] NexTalk and JAWS

Andrew Webb awebb2168 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 16:07:03 UTC 2016

Hello,

Please forgive me as this question is a bit tangential to the purpose of the
list, though technically I think it qualifies as topical.  At the law office
where I practice, we sometimes receive calls from people who are deaf or
hard of hearing.  Others in the office use a program called NexTalk to
communicate with those callers . apparently NexTalk is an internet-based TTY
service.  The I T folks plan to install the program on my computer so that I
can use it for the same purpose.  This is great, except that the office has
never had a blind employee except for me, thus I am not certain if NexTalk
is accessible via JAWS.  I have been unable to verify this so far, either
through direct experience or through online research.  So, does anyone here
know whether NexTalk is accessible via JAWS?  (I have version 17.)

Thanks,

Andrew