[blindlaw] Follow Up On Decreasing Reliance on Human Readers and a Proposed Wiki Page

Rod Alcidonis, Esquire Attorney at alcidonislaw.com
Mon Nov 14 18:01:35 UTC 2016

I am fully supportive of this project and I look forward to making my
contributions to its success. However, Chris, with all due respect to you,
is there a way we can secure a more public platform for hosting the wiki so
we can guarantee continuity?

Another way we can use the finished product is to forward it to Freedom
Scientific, NVDA, and other screen readers to get them to focus their
efforts on our needs. Maybe FS can take our ideas and suggestions and create
a proof reading scheme in JAWS for legal documents, for instance.

On a different note, I know of a powerful proof reading software out there
with tons of potential to do what we need, but unfortunately the developer
was too timid at implementing major changes to the interface and that caused
me to abandon my collaboration with his company. Maybe we can petition the
screen reading folks to script it and make it accessible? The software is
called "perfect it." Check it out and if it is of interest, maybe more of us
can write to the developer to get him more motivated to fix the interface?
He was willing to make changes, but not quickly enough for my taste.

Rod Alcidonis, Esq.