[blindlaw] Reviewing Redlining in Adobe PDF Document

Tim Elder tim at timeldermusic.com
Fri Nov 18 18:19:58 UTC 2016

I would check if the advanced version of Adobe allows you to convert track
changes and comments back and forth.  Further, there is a feature in MS Word
that enables a sender to wipe all meta data and the like.  Your firm should
either rethink the overly broad security policy or purchase a version of
Adobe that converts track changes and comments between Adobe and MS Word.
Opposing law firms often send MS Word files back and forth to each other.
There is a way to do that securely.  Also, I've obtained Adobe converts from
MS Word from opposing counsel that included comments that were clearly not
intended for me to read.  SO relying on one file format or the other is no
guarantee of security.