[blindlaw] Introduction - Sai

Sai legal at s.ai
Wed Nov 30 21:30:58 UTC 2016

Hello all.

I've just joined the list recently.

To keep personal introductions separate from my post about FOIA…

a) I have functional blindness from extreme light sensitivity.

In low light, with contacts / glasses, I can see just fine. In bright
light, I get searing pain. So basically I'm blind for conditions that
are sunny, fluorescent, or have random headlights in my face, and
sighted otherwise.

I navigate with a guide cane and use Braille for navigational purposes
(signs, elevators, room numbers, etc).

I wrote an essay about my experience: <https://s.ai/essays/blindness>

b) I'm not a lawyer (yet), but I am a litigator.

I've won a Rehab Act / APA case against the TSA, enjoining TSA from
unlawfully withholding, for almost three years, their response to a
formal Rehab Act complaint I filed in early 2013:
<https://s.ai/tsa/legal/rehab_act>

I have pending suits about FOIA and other disability violations — e.g.
<https://s.ai/tsa/legal/foia>. I've also done work on election law,
constructed languages, and other things. My legal resume is at
<https://s.ai/work/legal_resume.pdf>.

I'm intending to start law school in fall 2017.

Last year, I got accepted to 1 high ranking school and waitlisted by
8, so I decided to try again. From what I can tell, I would've gotten
in to most of them if I had just applied earlier. Hopefully it works
out better this time.

Sincerely,
Sai