[blindlaw] call for articles for Young Lawyers Division Disability Rights Committee newsletter

Deepa Goraya deepa.goraya at gmail.com
Sun Oct 2 20:29:21 UTC 2016

Hi everyone,

I am the Chair of the brand new Disability Rights Committee, which is part
of the ABA Young Lawyers Division (YLD).
www.americanbar.org/groups/young_lawyers/committees/disability_rights.html
<http://www.americanbar.org/groups/young_lawyers/committees/disability_right
s.html>  It is the YLD version of the ABA Commission on Disability Rights.
We are publishing our first Disability Rights  Committee newsletter on
October 14th and we are looking for short articles and op-eds for the
newsletter. If anyone is interested, please contact me ASAP. The articles
should be short, regarding recent legal developments or relevant tenets of
law (approximately 200-300 words). Some suggestions for articles are:
current relevant topics (such as discussing a recent significant court
opinion or case in disability rights, upcoming significant Supreme Court
decision, a legal event or cconference that just occurred), a discussion
about being an attorney with a disability and your concerns/challenges in
the legal profession, etc. Some examples of op-eds are: Lessons from One of
America's Best Advocates, Sexism in the Legal Field, Reflections of a Young
Trial Attorney, etc. Note that if you want to publish an article in our
newsletter, we must be your first place of publication. So please do not
send an article that has already been published somewhere else, not even for
another newsletter. We'd need to have your article by October 7th so that we
have sufficient time for editing and finalizing.

If interested, please email me at deepa.goraya at gmail.com.

Thank you.

Deepa Goraya

Deepinder K. Goraya, ESQ.