[blindlaw] Bluebook

kelby carlson kelbycarlson at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 22:57:59 UTC 2016

Jameyanne,

A couple of things:

1. You should see if your school will get you a membership to the
online Bluebook. All of the law students here have access to the
online version, and requesting that as an accommodation is entirely
reasonable.

2. As above, insert-f will indicate text formatting on the line of the
cursor; you can also press insert-alt-s and select various schemes for
different applications. Doing this will let you change what JAWS tells
you in terms of formatting and other document attributes.

I have found that, though it can be time consuming, using MS Word and
JAWS to read/edit a paper is definitely doable. I have a notetaker,
but rarely use it for much of anything at this point unless I need
braille. I should perhaps become more familiar with using it as a
Braille display with JAWS.