[blindlaw] Trial Advocacy as a Blind Lawyer?

Luis Mendez lmendez716 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 15:46:37 UTC 2016

Good morning:

I used the same approach. I also used a sighted assistant to work with
handwritten records and very technical or graphic intensive exhibits and
presentations.  For complex technical exhibits I usually worked with
in-house engineers or expert witnesses.  In each case I had technical
exhibits and presentations cross checked for accuracy, simplicity of
presentation and to be sure that they conveyed necessary information and the
client's perspective.  I did the same for materials received from opposing
parties.

Luis