[blindlaw] Bluebook

Angie Matney angie.matney at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 17:39:54 UTC 2016

Jameyanne,

As Jim, Kelby and others have said, using JAWS sound schemes is very
helpful. You can choose specific schemes for different applications.
You might try one of the schemes that will indicate attributes, or
attributes and font info. (There are also schemes that indicate color.
This is very helpful when reviewing documents such as redlines created
by document management software, which differ somewhat from
track-changes in Word.) I haven't used different sound schemes with
the online version of the Bluebook, but I have used the online
version, and I found it to be accessible.

I need to play around a bit with attributes on my braille display with
JAWS. I currently use a Braille Edge for work, and I think it may
handle attributes differently than the Focus I used previously, but I
need to spend some time testing this out. Even when the display
doesn't show me attribute information, I find it elhpful to be able to
quickly verify spelling, read a number, or perform other editing
tasks.

Best of luck,

Angie

>>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/blindlaw_nfbnet.org/jameyanne%40gma