[blindlaw] Blind Attorneys Working On Special Education Cases

Andrew Webb awebb2168 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 02:51:55 UTC 2016

Tai,

Thanks for posting this.  I can definitely relate -- I formerly did special
ed cases for the P&A here in Illinois, and the formatting of the IEPs
especially drove me absolutely up a tree.  I didn't find any better solution
than getting ad hoc sighted assistance within the office, but I would be
very interested to know what feedback you get here.

What doubly frustrated me was to learn that apparently in some states (I was
told of Indiana, for example), IEP's are created electronically as a matter
of course -- never any handwriting or hand-made check marks to be found.
Would that this were so in IL and IA as well; sure would save us many
headaches.

Andrew