[blindlaw] using a scribe

mike mcglashon michael.mcglashon at comcast.net
Sat Aug 5 13:50:18 UTC 2017

hey guys:

I am asking about using a scribe for taking a final in my first year of law
school;
I have a final coming up this Tuesday eve, and the school is generously
offering a scribe.
First of all, what does a scribe specifically do for us?
It is my understanding that such person will take dictation from me and
handwrite it onto an exam bluebook or paper?
How litteral do I have to be with such a person when issuing dictation?
Has anyone use a scribe in either an academic setting such as on a final?
or?
has anyone used a scribe in actual practice?
(if so, can one please explain the pro's and con's of using such a person?)?

Please advise further?

Mike M.