[blindlaw] Seeking Sighted Assistance for Reading Documents

Angie Matney angie.matney at gmail.com
Sat Aug 5 23:26:35 UTC 2017

My firm has also re-typed handwritten documents on occasion. I forgot to add that they have done this, as well as created editable Word versions of documents, for other attorneys in the firm who need to be able to revise something that we receivd as a PDF or in another format. Again, I don't think that the way I use my secretary is all that unusual at the end of the day. I also sometimes ask her to add appointments to my callendar or to add contacts for me in Outlook, but my sighted colleagues ask their assistants to do this too. (I sometimes do these things, but sometimes it is more efficient to ask her to do it.)

Sent from my iPhone