[blindlaw] Change of topic, Legal Work on the Mac

Al Elia al.elia at aol.com
Fri Jan 13 00:18:58 UTC 2017

I have found Nisus Writer PRo to be very accessible, and much easier to
use than Pages or any of the free office products. I exclusively use
VoiceOver on the  mac. Word 2016 is somewhat accessible, but needs a lot
of work in my opinion.

I usually start off composing in Byword using markdown, as I find that
easiest to navigate without initially worrying about formatting. I then
use pandoc to convert that to a formatted word document, and use Nisus
Writer to alter the formatting.

It's not streamlineed, but it works pretty well for me. I still always
have a sighted person check the formatting when I'm done, though.