[blindlaw] Trial Advocacy, how to?

Gerard Sadlier gerard.sadlier at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 02:05:38 UTC 2017

Daniel, all

Thank you very much.

>From memory (open  to correction) Jay's query was about why sighted
assistance is considered so important.

My queries would be more geared toward how to gain experience as a
trial lawyer. I haven't done a trial, I'm a solicitor and in this
jurisdiction solicitors don't generally (at least in the higher
courts). I wouldn't and couldn't expect anyone to entrust an important
trial to me as matters stand. So what should I be doing to get
experience and baring in mind that there are no blind trial lawyers
here, what practices ought I adopt to learn the ropes. (I'm sure these
are challenges others have faced?)

Thanks

Ger

On 1/24/17, Daniel McBride via BlindLaw <blindlaw at nfbnet.org> wrote:
> Ger:
>
> I am willing to post my views, however, I am currently preparing for a jury
> trial Friday morning and might not get around to it until next week. Also,
> you would need to repost J's inquiry as I no longer have it.
>
> Daniel McBride
> Fort Worth, Texas

>>> O
>>> 25CZYDUZ0f4PEEy0&r=p9cYR0ZTBfQo0Swz42TqgfoJjkrzfDIGBdNtLahdAqM&m=KlSo
>>> l
>>> d7-5oNueYqaXkmlRAUvF-Cwnw5AnU6SRhI4-gk&s=dQ4Fp2fh8Qu0fjO3qaXUvgblD3Bf
>>> f bLyri3A0qHAfAs&e= To unsubscribe, change your list options or get
>>> your account info for
>>> BlindLaw:
>>> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__nfbnet.org_mailma
>>> n
>>> _options_blindlaw-5Fnfbnet.org_slabarre-2540labarrelaw&d=DQICAg&c=zq7
>>> M
>>> ynb997iZeC8XoLQcB11VjdO25CZYDUZ0f4PEEy0&r=p9cYR0ZTBfQo0Swz42TqgfoJjkr
>>> z
>>> fDIGBdNtLahdAqM&m=KlSold7-5oNueYqaXkmlRAUvF-Cwnw5AnU6SRhI4-gk&s=sTPot
>>> s _MgXF8Gxc3GLYy5kmqhj4VtqelO17DEXCMw6M&e=
>>> .
>>> com

>>> O
>>> 25CZYDUZ0f4PEEy0&r=p9cYR0ZTBfQo0Swz42TqgfoJjkrzfDIGBdNtLahdAqM&m=KlSo
>>> l
>>> d7-5oNueYqaXkmlRAUvF-Cwnw5AnU6SRhI4-gk&s=dQ4Fp2fh8Qu0fjO3qaXUvgblD3Bf
>>> f bLyri3A0qHAfAs&e= To unsubscribe, change your list options or get
>>> your account info for
>>> BlindLaw:
>>> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__nfbnet.org_mailma
>>> n
>>> _options_blindlaw-5Fnfbnet.org_jloevy-2540lathropgage.com&d=DQICAg&c=
>>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/blindlaw_nfbnet.org/ttomasi%40driow
>>> .org

>>> BlindLaw:
>>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/blindlaw_nfbnet.org/gerard.sadlier%