[blindlaw] BlackBerry Work

Angela Matney amatney at hf-law.com
Tue Jan 24 15:18:43 UTC 2017

Hello. My firm uses an app called BlackBerry Work for mobile access to email, calendar, and contacts. Despite the name, this app works across multiple operating systems, including iOS. Until recently, it was known as Good Work.

We recently migrated to this app from another offering from the same developer. I have found that in BlackBerry Work, braille screen input does not work when I am editing the body of a message on my iPhone 7 Plus. I use BSI for the vast majority of my typing in iOS, and its unavailability is more than a little inconvenient. BSI worked fine in the previous app we were using, Good for Enterprise.

We have a support request in with the developer, but I thought I would see if anyone else has had similar experiences. I can explain the importance of accessibility, but additional concrete examples might encourage the developer to act more quickly to resolve the issue.

Of course, if you use BlackBerry Work and are able to use BSI successfully in the body of email messages, I'd love to hear about that too. I don't think this problem is related to any setting on my end, but I could be wrong.

Thanks,

Angie

Angela R. Matney, CIPP/US
Hirschler Fleischer
725 Jackson Street, Suite 200 | Fredericksburg, VA 22401-5720
p: 540.604.2117 | f: 540.604.2101
amatney at hf-law.com | www.hf-law.com<http://www.hf-law.com>

Hirschler Fleischer, A Professional Corporation Confidentiality Note: This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may be protected by legal privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this e-mail or any attachment is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify us immediately by returning it to the sender and delete this copy from your system. Thank you for your cooperation.