[blindlaw] Ethics, Confidentiality, and Liability Considerations of Using Remote Visual Interpreters and In-person Readers

Angie Matney angie.matney at gmail.com
Sat Oct 7 21:04:51 UTC 2017

I've been considering this issue as well. I believe my firm's position would be that we would need to understand how the data was transmitted (if encrytion is used, etc), and they would want a confidentiality agreement with AIRA, as well as assurances that AIRA had sufficient confidentiality agreements in place with its employees. I haven't explored this with them yet, but I might be tempted to do so.

Angie

Sent from my iPhone