[blindlaw] Regarding employment related matters for people from other countries

Andrew Webb awebb2168 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 16:09:46 UTC 2017

Can you elaborate as to what sort of work you have in mind doing in
the US? Are you looking for work in a particular profession, or are
you prepared to do most any kind of work for the sake of having
experience living and working in the US? There are visas available (I
don't recall which category) that allow people to come to the US
temporarily to work in service industry jobs (things like working as
entry level staff in hotels, restaurants, the hospitality industry,
etc.). Definitely not glamorous and probably not great pay by US
standards, but I think these positions are often attractive to
university students from other countries looking to earn a bit of
money and experience life and work in the US, usually for a summer or
just a few months. Higher-level professional jobs normally require
sponsorship of a US corporation, with a showing that the foreign
worker has unique qualifications that the employer would have a hard
time filling by hiring American workers. There are only a limited
number of these visas available each year, and the number may soon be
reduced drastically depending on whether our government adopts new
immigration laws that some politicians have been supporting. Hoep that
is some helpful general information.