[blindlaw] Employment matters

adrijana prokopenko adrijana.prokopenko at gmail.com
Mon Oct 23 17:52:56 UTC 2017

 Don't mean to make anyone feel bad by this post, but I have a feeling
that the unemployment of the blind all over the world is extremely
high, even among blind intelectuals. I guess the reasons for this
vary, but I often hear stories of how blind people get discriminated
and are denied jobs just because they are blind, not to mention that
may get low paid jobs or jobs way away from their homes that they
often refuse, because of lack of support regarding transportation.
Some still get jobs and are successful, but in order to keep solving
this problem together, I think we need to unite and keep supporting
the rest who need support. The more of us there are, the better it is
and if we also get the lawyers, the parents, teachers  and others to
keep supporting us in whatever way possible, I think that this would
help us go forward in many ways. Not many parents of blind children
are rich to have business established, but if you happen to have some,
know of others who do or could get the word across to as many people
as possible about these problems, hope you can really do so and even
maybe join the NFB jobs list and contribute there. If you also wish to
join my facebook group, you can look it up as:
Jobs for the blind