[blindlaw] FW: ** Opening - Paralegal, Civil Rights Team, Equip For Equality, Chicago, IL **

Andrew Webb awebb2168 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 28 21:29:36 UTC 2017

Paralegal, Civil Rights Team

Equip for Equality, an innovative civil rights organization for people with
disabilities in Illinois, is seeking a full-time Paralegal for its Chicago
office.

The selected candidate must have a bachelor's degree or equivalent
experience, be a self starter, and have a commitment to the civil rights of
people with disabilities. Equip for Equality values personal as well as
professional experience with people with disabilities.

The Paralegal will work with our Civil Rights Team in these general areas:

.         Conduct client interviews, taking calls for our Abuse
Investigations work.

.         Assist on our class action cases and advocacy on behalf of
prisoners with disabilities, including working on prisoner correspondence,
managing client information, and conducting non-legal research relating to
criminal justice reform.

.         Project-based work for our litigation team.

Equip for Equality is an Equal Opportunity Employer.  People with
disabilities and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.

Applicants should send a cover letter, resume, and salary expectations to
Megan Loutfi, Equip for Equality, 20 N. Michigan, Suite 300, Chicago, IL
60602, fax: 312-541-2378, MeganL at equipforequality.org
<mailto:Richard at equipforequality.org> . Learn more about Equip for Equality
and our hiring process at
https://www.equipforequality.org/about/employment-opportunities/.