[blindlaw] Hard Drive Encryption

Aaron Cannon cannona at fireantproductions.com
Tue Sep 19 20:36:37 UTC 2017

I used to use Truecrypt. That software is no longer available, but it has been revived in a program called Veracrypt.

In Truecrypt, I was able to reliably able to determine when the password prompt appeared by pressing the down arrow key, which would cause the computer to beep. Because the prompt appears before the operating system has even loaded, that's about as good as it gets in terms of accessibility.

To be clear, I don't know if this specific feature has been carried over into Veracrypt, but I'd say it's reasonably likely.

Aaron

--
This message was sent from a mobile device