[blindlaw] Complaining to Freedom Scientific About the Sporadic Functioning of the Virtual Viewer For Viewing Track Changes In Word

Rahul Bajaj rahul.bajaj1038 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 11:10:22 UTC 2018

Hi Everyone,

I have reached out to Freedom Scientific, requesting them to fix the
functioning of virtual viewer in Word. As I am sure you are aware,
JAWS often says 'no track changes' when one presses windows+; and
selects 'revisions', even when there are revisions in a document.

This is the quickest and simplest way to view revisions and can help
blind lawyers use this feature pretty much as seamlessly as their
sighted counterparts. However, owing to this glitch, one has to access
revisions by adopting far more time-consuming approaches.

I have reported this to FS, and two of their people are investigating
it. I would urge members of this group to report this problem on the
following email IDs: Bryan Carver <BCarver at vfogroup.com, Cory Jackson
<CJackson at vfogroup.com> and Grant Patterson <GPatterson at vfogroup.com>.

I recall that at least 4 people had attested to this problem when I
had brought it up a few months ago - Angie, Laura, Sy and Amar. If we
reach out to FS in large numbers, we may be able to get them to
prioritize this and fix the issue. Thank you.

Best,
Rahul