[blindlaw] Retinitis Pigmentosa New Law Student Needs Guidance

Laura Wolk laura.wolk at gmail.com
Sat Aug 18 15:44:04 UTC 2018

Hi Kathy,

I am so sorry that you are going through this, and I'm glad that you
reached out. I second Lauren's suggestion. It will be much easier for
you to explain a leave of absence to a potential employer than to try
to get your resume and transcript past screeners if your grades are
negatively impacted by your current situation. law school is stressful
enough, and even if you can get your school to get you services
faster, school will be made even more stressful by needing to teach
yourself new technology and skills on top of learning all of the new
legal information. i think you should seriously consider this
alternative.

Laura