[blindlaw] Update on Jaws and Track Changes

Laura Wolk laura.wolk at gmail.com
Sat Dec 15 19:22:29 UTC 2018

I'm providing an update to this topic, as it generated a lot of
traffic and I'd love to spare another lawyer the risk of relying on
this $1,000 disappointment to his professional detriment.

Jaws still does not announce the correct number of revisions.
Instead, after taking up to 30 or 45 seconds sometimes, it will
announce a much larger number that still isn't always accurate.  This
is actually worse than when it simply said there were no revisions to
display, since we all knew that was incorrect.  now it gives the false
sense of security that you have, in fact, looked at every revision
when there could be a hundred more that are not displaying that you
haven't reviewed.  note that though this isn't a terrible
inconvenience when you are integrating all changes into one draft from
only one document, it is a huge problem if you are receiving multiple
streams of edits from multiple sources that you are trying to
accept/reject and then compile into one final draft.  So be
forewarned, Jaws is sstill failing abysmally at providing us with the
elementary tools needed in 2018 to maintain "Job access."