[blindlaw] Update on Jaws and Track Changes

Laura Wolk laura.wolk at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 13:12:42 UTC 2018

Scott,

I appreciate this so much.  Please let me know if you'd like any
assistance.  Regarding what to put in the letter, do other people also
have the experience, as I do, that Jaws will read both the original
and edited text when you're reading through a document?  This didn't
used to happen to me, but now it does.  I'm using Office 2016, Windows
10, and hte latest version of Jaws.  Additionally, I find that Jaws
doesn't always announce "revision" when it detects track changes.  Can
others confirm?  This has the end result that relying on the file's
contents rather than the generated list also does not give the user
accurate information unless he engages in rather cumbersome
character-by-character analysis.

For the record, I did a bit more poking around on my file.  I tried
hitting ctrl+end as Rahul suggested, and that actually turned out
fewer revisions.  The list also only went to page 9 of a 25-page
document.  It gave me 154 revisions, when there were probably closer
to 400, and of course, as always, absolutely no info from footnotes.

If no one else is able to assist, I will attempt to generate a file
with a few hundred track changes for FS to work with.  Perhaps this
could accompany the NABL letter.

Laura