[blindlaw] Seeking guidance

b.s.spiry at gmail.com b.s.spiry at gmail.com
Mon Dec 24 22:45:04 UTC 2018

Greetings Maura.

I can relate to your itch to go for your J.D. despite what some may be
telling you are bad odds for success. I took that plunge at the age of 48
with an established 22 year professional career already behind me, married,
couple of teenage kids still at home, and plenty of uncertainty. It was
Scary as hell, and what my heart was telling me to do. I paid a price for it
and I do not regret my decision.

 So that is my first advice, take the time to listen carefully to your heart
on this. You need to do it because it's  what is right for you, not for
anyone else. And if it is right for you and you know it, ignore those who
will try to convince you that you'd be crazy to do it as someone without
sight (including other blind lawyers).

for the most part, I agree with the comments and advice from others on this
list regarding testing and strategy. So know this,  yeah, it's going to be
damned hard and you're going to hit some walls that will be tough to get
around/over/through but you probably know if you've got the metal for it in
you. So go for it if you know it's right for you and you believe you've got
the metal to find your way through some unique challenges. Follow your
heart.

My best wishes to you and yours for the holidays and the new year.

Bill

Bill Spiry
Attorney at Law
Spiry Law LLC
(541) 600-3301
Bill at SpiryLaw.com
Bill.spiry at gmail.com

"what's within you is stronger than what's in your way" - Erik Weihenmayer

Note that If you are not a client of Spiry Law LLC, this email does not
create an attorney-client relationship and should not be construed as an
acceptance of your case in the absence of a formal attorney-client
agreement. This Email message may contain CONFIDENTIAL information which is
(a) ATTORNEY - CLIENT PRIVILEGED COMMUNICATION, WORK PRODUCT, PROPRIETARY IN
NATURE, OR OTHERWISE PROTECTED BY LAW FROM DISCLOSURE, and (b) intended only
for the use of the intended recipeient(s) named herein. If you are not the
intended recipient of this Email or the person responsible for delivering it
to the intended recipient, please be aware that reading, copying, or
distributing this message is prohibited. If you have received this Email
message by mistake, I would appreciate it if you would reply to let us know
and then delete the message and any attachments completely from your
computer system. I do not waive any client's privilege by misdelivered
email.

Be aware that Email transmissions may not be secure. Third parties can and
do intercept email communication.  By using email to communicate with Spiry
law LLC, you assume the risk that any confidential or privileged information
may be intercepted and viewed by third persons.