[blindlaw] Case Management Software/Program

Will Burley will.burley3 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 26 18:11:02 UTC 2018

Greetings all,

I hope everyone had a great Christmas!  I believe I may have seen this on
the list in the past but haven't been able to locate the emails.

I'm a paralegal and am wondering what case management program people here
have found accessible or more accessible to perform the essential duties of
their legal job.

My firm uses Legal Files and I really loathe it because I have to do JAWS
searches to get to everything.  The screen is set up in sectors so a simple
tabbing doesn't work as it causes the screen reader to miss information.

We use Legal Files for:

Calendaring

To-Do's

Case notes

Phone log notes

Document storage  and

We can save emails directly from Outlook into a person's file

Basically, it's our online filing system.  What programs are you using in
your practice and how accessible have you found it?

Note:  We just got some scripts to get to the major parts of the program but
this is still lacking in a major way.

Thanks for your thoughts on this.  I am looking to provide my job with some
alternatives to look at over the next year.

Will Burley

Administrative Law and Litigation Paralegal