[blindlaw] Seamlessly procuring relevant pieces of information

Rahul Bajaj rahul.bajaj1038 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 16:21:27 UTC 2018

Hi Sai,

Thanks for those thoughtful comments. I agree that such an accommodation could be asked for if you are the arguing counsel, but it's much harder in the circumstances that I currently confront. We in fact even submitted a representation to the Indian Supreme Court to issue a circular mandating that all materials be made accessible if disabled lawyers are involved. It has unfortunately not been acted on yet.

I think the idea of  pushing for legislative change is also a great one - something that I'll definitely explore in the Indian context.

While I am able to access briefs, accessing the record is the main challenge. For drafting, this is not such a huge issue as one has to decide what arguments to make in collaboration with others, so they can help me understand what pieces of evidence are relevant. But I find that my inability to access the record is greatly hampering my ability to realize my full potential professionally.

Best,
Rahul
Best,
Rahul