[blindlaw] Bar Exam Accommodations

jim at skamarakas.com jim at skamarakas.com
Thu Jan 4 19:19:17 UTC 2018

I started this process this semester for a Spring 2018 graduation and July 2018 exam.  Advice I have gotten is to have a very detailed accommodation on file with the school to support your requests to the bar exam. The “take it and fail then ask again” approach discussed over the past years I have read refer to that as one of the issues. If you survived law school without Accommodation A or B, how do you justify it for the bar exam.

I have it in my school accommodation only because of this discussions to know to ask for it. The physicians didn’t blink at the request being reasonable. But you have to go to them with forms filled out and knowing what to ask.

I’m still a semester and bar prep away from this, so it’s not as helpful as others who will respond with their success stories or road bumps. Bar Prep may push me to delay or take twice. I’m going at this positive and realistic. Best of luck.

Happy New Years
Jim