[blindlaw] Updating Windows and iManage/FileSite

tim at timeldermusic.com tim at timeldermusic.com
Tue Jan 23 14:45:27 UTC 2018

I can say that upgrading to Windows 10 and Office 2016 was a negative change in terms of accessibility and reliability.  My computer is slower, kills JAWS more often and generally has more problems.  If you can stay on Windows 7 and Office 2010while preserving security, hold on to that system.  Frankly, I'd be on Windows 7 and Office 2010 right now but for a new computer purchase that came preinstalled with Win 10.  Any hype from Microsoft about being able to more quickly roll out accessibility fixes is not worth the instability they add with each release.  It's like having someone constantly tinkering with your system without knowing what they are changing.  I'm probably downgrading to Office 2013 because of odd performance problems with Office 2016.

As for iManage, contact Virtual Vision Technologies.  These guys are 	very good and can most likely get it to work with JAWS if doing so is possible.  Everyone needs a good JAWS scripter in their contacts.  These guys are the best in my opinion.
http://www.virtualvisiontech.com/