[blindlaw] Discrimination Case Continued

Joe Orozco jsoro824 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 12:46:51 UTC 2018

Hello,

I've previously written about a pending complaint against my federal
employer. The deadline for 180 days of case review was July 8. The
deadline came and went without a word from anyone, and when I finally
got a hold of someone, they said it was taking longer on account of my
allegations of accessibility based on Section 508 of the
Rehabilitation Act.

Here are my questions:

1. Is it true that 508 complaints create certain unique conditions
that necessitate longer than 180 days to render a decision?

2. Is my reading of the administrative complaint process correct in
determining that at this point I can take the matter to federal court
based on the agency's failure to render any kind of decision after 180
days of formally filing the complaint?

3. Is anyone aware of any legal resources who might provide legal
representation pro bono or at a more affordable rate based on the
nature of this case? I am prepared to go at it alone, but I am well
aware of that old joke of fools representing themselves...

Thank you kindly in advance for any assistance. This is a rather time
sensitive inquiry. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Regards,

Joe