[blindlaw] coming to the United States

Olusegun -- Victory Associates LTD, Inc. ukekearuaro at valtdnet.com
Wed Jul 18 00:08:26 UTC 2018

RJ, the law school DOES NOT care as long as the bills get paid!  Diploma
obtained in another country will have to be translated to English of course.
The Law Schools Admissions Service is your friend on that one!  Grades will
have to be redone to match what transpires in the U.S. system.  Also, your
friend does need to write the LSAT and possibly TOEFL--Test of English as a
Foreign Language!

An early start is a good bet; law schools are pretty strict with such
subject-matter.  Some credits MAY NOT BE TRANSFERRABLE, and a few courses
may have to be retaken just to keep them in line with what obtains here in
the United States!

If your friend has some practice under the belt, it might be possible to
obtain bar licensure without having to take a bar exam.  Here in my coveted
bush, there will need to be a letter from the Supreme Court of the country
in which your friend is based along with a few other pieces of paperwork for
this to happen.  Now it's been a while since I had my fingers on issues
relating to bar admissions for a foreign graduate, but I don't believe the
rules have changed much.  Good luck and all the very best!

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado