[blindlaw] Keeping Track of Key Facts on Bar Exam Essays

Michal Nowicki mnowicki4 at icloud.com
Wed Jun 6 15:52:58 UTC 2018

Hello Everyone,

I am studying for the Illinois Bar Exam, and I am seeking advice on improving my time on bar exam essays. Currently, even with the double time I have for each essay, I can never finish in the allotted time. The problem is that I have not figured out how to annotate the fact patterns so that I can quickly find relevant facts. According to my Barbri instructors, this is an important step in maximizing efficiency: at least for sighted people, who can easily highlight information and jot down margin notes that quickly jump out at them as they skim the passage.

Do any of you have any suggestions on how to keep track of legally operative facts efficiently using JAWS? Some JAWS features I’ve been considering trying out are (1) speech and sound schemes, (2) text analyzer, (3) skim reading, and (4) placemarkers. Have any of you found those or other features useful on the essay portion of the exam? Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Michal

Sent from Mail for Windows 10