[blindlaw] Seamlessly procuring relevant pieces of information

Rahul Bajaj rahul.bajaj1038 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 18:47:22 UTC 2018

Hi Sai,

I have Kerzweil 1000, and I do sometimes use it to read inaccessible
PDFs. As I understand it, there are 2 ways in which you can read an
inaccessible PDF using Kerzweil - you could either have the OCR
results in a separate window, like JAWS OCR, or convert it into Word.
I have tried both, but I haven't found the result to be significantly
better than with Fine Reader 11.

As I understand it, Kerzweil 14 uses Fine Reader 11 as the OCR engine,
so I am not sure how the OCR result would be better while using
Kerzweil as opposed to Fine Reader 11 simpliciter. I know that
Kerzweil processes the OCR result to improve accuracy. Are you saying
that that that feature improves the quality of the result?

Best,
Rahul

>>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/blindlaw_nfbnet.org/sai%40fiatfiend