[blindlaw] Is there any respite from discrimination??

Nicole Askins njaskins at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 21:05:12 UTC 2018

Wow, that sounds exhausting. And it's true that that is complicated.
Because if the theater begins to ask each person if they are truly
sight-impaired, that could lead to another president and reason for
discrimination. For example, I never disclose that I have low vision. It is
my dirty little secret so to speak. Why? Because I'd rather wait until I
get the job or get people to know who I am verse before they begin to
calculate all the stereotypes they can conjure about blindness.

I know it's controversial. I know it may even be bait-and-switch. I just
can't afford to care. Thanks for sharing. Glad to know I'm not in it alone.