[blindlaw] Recommendations for Court

Aser Tolentino agtolentino at gmail.com
Wed May 2 20:46:11 UTC 2018

Please take all of this with a grain of salt since I am by no means an expert. There are a couple of competing platforms in this space but the Bluetooth beacons themselves run about $20 each or less. THe trick is that you have to precisely map their locations and then account for anomalies caused by the environment. I’m guessing the venues you tried the technology in just slapped the beacons on wherever seemed natural and then called it a day, or they adopted a solution that integrated the beacon into something else that could not be relocated to account for interference, like lightbulbs. Using triangulation and other methods for dealing with interference, the solution might actually call for more beacons rather than less, for instance, putting them in the corners of every room. When deployed in adequate numbers and properly tuned, vendors claim reliable accuracy down to 1 meter and theoretical accuracy in the tens of centimeters.

Respectfully,
Aser Tolentino, Esq.