[blindlaw] Batch OCR

Sai sai at fiatfiendum.org
Fri May 11 18:22:32 UTC 2018

Adobe Acrobat Pro can do this easily - works on full folders at once,
applying the same OCR settings to all of it.

I can't speak to how good its OCR quality is vs other software.

I'm not sure how automate friendly it is, though in theory one could
use a shell script with command line tools like Tesseract. I've only
barely started playing with those, so I don't know how good they are,
but once it's a command line, it's extremely easy to automate to run
in bulk. (It'd be a one line script to find and convert every PDF on a
computer, and it could be run every x minutes. But that requires a
reliable command to convert in the first place.)

Sincerely,
Sai