[blindlaw] Interview of Judge Ronald Gould

Rahul Bajaj rahul.bajaj1038 at gmail.com
Sat May 12 19:11:28 UTC 2018

Hi everyone,

I hope this message finds you well. While this may be slightly
off-topic, inasmuch as it does not relate to a blind legal
professional, I thought it would be a good idea to share with you the
transcript of an interview that I recently co-conducted featuring
Judge Ronald Gould:
https://idialaw.com/blog/idap-interview-series-interview-xv-with-judge-ronald-m-gould/

In the interview, Judge Gould, who serves on the 9th Circuit,
describes in great detail the accommodations that have been provided
to him to help him cope with a progressive form of MS and shares very
concrete and actionable insights and ideas about how a disabled legal
professional can work towards realizing their full potential,
notwithstanding their disability. He also addresses some of the most
common misconceptions as well as genuine apprehensions that inform the
way employers treat disabled legal professionals. If you find the
interview edifying, please share it widely. A huge shoutout to Sy
Hoekstra for suggesting that we interview Judge Gould.

Best,
Rahul