[blindlaw] Using scribes for the bar exam

Rob Tabor rob.tabor at sbcglobal.net
Sat May 26 03:58:52 UTC 2018

Good evening Cody and other interested person’s,

And choosing an amanuensis for the most important examination you will probably ever take, my advice, first and foremost, is to choose someone who is trustworthy, dependable, and who’s riding is generally legible. When I took the Kansas State bar examination more years ago then I care to admit, The Board of bar examiners only concern was that my scribe not be an attorney or otherwise connected with the legal service profession. In my case, this requirement was documented via personal affidavit which I drafted up and  submitted.

Given the high probability that this will be the concern of the board of bar examiners in your state, I surmise that their eyes will be trained on the connection of the person whose resume you are submitting to the legal services industry. At the risk of sounding like Captain Obvious, I would hire an individual who is comfortable with a college level vocabulary, but not actively working or retired from the legal services profession.

I hope your studies go well and wish you the best of success in passing your bar exam.
Best regards,
Robert Tabor ESQ., first vice president national Federation of the blind of Kansas