[blindlaw] Director of Advocacy - Northwest Justice Project

Nightingale, Noel Noel.Nightingale at ed.gov
Fri Oct 5 18:31:08 UTC 2018

From: 'Daquiz, Abigail - SOL' via Federal Attorneys Networking Group of Seattle [mailto:fangseattle at googlegroups.com]
Sent: Friday, October 05, 2018 11:15 AM
To: fangseattle at googlegroups.com
Subject: [fangs] Director of Advocacy - Northwest Justice Project

This month the Northwest Justice Project celebrates its 23rd anniversary. Since its creation in 1995, NJP has grown from a fledgling organization of 50 staff members to one of the largest law firms in the state of Washington with 150 lawyers and nearly 80 dedicated support staff.

Beginning in mid-2017, NJP determined to examine its management structure and leadership requirements in light of anticipated leadership succession needs in the coming years, the long-term organizational needs of NJPs significantly increased staffing, and our commitment to continued, mission driven, impactful advocacy.  Notably, at the end of this year, Joan Kleinberg, one of NJP’s founding members, will be retiring.

This July, after a guided internal consultation and assessment process of program-wide needs, NJP unveiled a management and organizational redesign plan that positions NJP for continued success.  The essential aspects of the plan streamline our senior leadership team, enhance our management and advocacy capacities, and increases our administrative capacity to ensure NJP’s sustainability as a high quality legal aid provider.

At the senior management level, NJP is adding a Deputy Director position and focusing the Director of Advocacy position to oversee a newly created team of Regional Managing Attorneys.  Also, we are adding an additional advocacy coordinator position and restructuring a combined King County office and Foreclosure Unit, into three substantive practice units, each with its own leadership staff.

As we begin to implement our reorganization plan, a key initial step is the hiring of a Director of Advocacy, no later than December 31. Upon doing so, Debi Perluss, who currently serves as NJP’s Director of Advocacy/General Counsel, will move in to the Deputy Director position and will work with the new Director of Advocacy and our Senior Attorneys team to develop and implement the new structure.

NJP’s new Director of Advocacy position description is attached and available at this link<https://nwjustice.org/employment-opportunities/director-advocacy>.  Please circulate broadly among your networks. Thank you.

César

César E. Torres
Executive Director
Northwest Justice Project
www.nwjustice.org<http://www.nwjustice.org/>
www.WashingtonLawHelp.org<http://www.washingtonlawhelp.org/>
[NorthwestJustProject_transparent]
Combatting Injustice • Strengthening Communities • Protecting Human Dignity

---

You are currently subscribed to atj-community as: daquiz.abigail at dol.gov<mailto:daquiz.abigail at dol.gov>.

To access web features of this list, visit list.wsba.org/read/<http://list.wsba.org/read/>

Please send an email to the list administrator<mailto:owner-atj-community at list.wsba.org%20> to update the list administrator with changes to your email address.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Federal Attorneys Networking Group of Seattle" group.