[blindlaw] ABA's New Website

Scott C. LaBarre slabarre at labarrelaw.com
Fri Oct 12 19:30:16 UTC 2018

Hi Folks, I share the below message from Jack Rives, Executive Director of
the American Bar Association regarding the ABA's new website.  Jack and the
ABA staff have been highly receptive to suggestions regarding accessibility
and have truly made it a priority.  However, like all things of this nature,
there probably are still some barriers that exist.  Thus, I urge everyone to
try the website and if you discover barriers, please let me know.  Send your
comments to me at slabarre at labarrelaw.com <mailto:slabarre at labarrelaw.com>
and I will get them to the right folks at the ABA.

Best,

Scott

Colleagues --

Earlier this month, the American Bar Association launched a new website
designed to provide an improved user experience for members, including
personalized news feeds with custom curated content, enhanced search
functionality, and a simplified shopping experience. In addition, the new
site was designed to be very mobile-friendly.

As is normal with a new site launch, we are experiencing some performance
issues, all of which are being addressed with the highest sense of urgency.
If you experience issues logging in or making a purchase, please call the
ABA Service Center at 800-285-2221.

Even as we continue to work to improve the performance of the site, I
encourage you to review some of the features the new
<https://www.americanbar.org/> americanbar.org has to offer. With your first
visit, you should revise member profile; to do so, please visit "My ABA" and
activate your new profile and reset your password. Your previous information
has been preserved and you are offered the opportunity to update your
preferences.

Custom, Curated Content & Topics

One of the most exciting features of the new ABA website is the ability to
curate your own content based on your specific areas of interest. When you
log in to My ABA, you can select from dozens of specialized topics,
directing relevant content as your personal, tailored news feed:  ABA
articles, white papers, reports, videos, webinars, and podcasts from leading
experts.

Alternately, you may personalize your news feed on our dedicated
<https://beta.americanbar.org/topics/> topic pages by clicking "follow" on
the legal topics of most interest to you. Relevant news will populate your
feed with information on all the ABA resources, events, and products related
to your areas of interest.

Enhanced Search Functionality

The enhanced ABA  <https://www.americanbar.org/search/> search functionality
allows you to peruse through tens of thousands of articles, media files, and
products based on specific keywords that can be filtered by publication
date, content type, and more.

Easy Shopping Experience

The newly designed shopping experience within
<https://www.americanbar.org/products/> Shop ABA  and
<https://www.americanbar.org/events-cle/> Events & CLE  offers a simplified
search and checkout process to make product purchases, event registrations,
and membership renewals easier than ever.

Shop ABA offers a plethora of publications, books, and other products, while
the Events & CLE webstore provides an easily searchable catalog of in-person
events, webinars, and on-demand CLE programs including an interactive
calendar.

You can easily find what you're looking for, view and adjust your cart, save
payment and billing information, and receive special discounts based on your
membership status.

Accessibility

In addition to these new features of the ABA website, all web pages are now
compliant with Americans with Disabilities Act regulations, making it easier
and more effective for all visitors to access content.

Help Us Help You

As with all technology launches, this is just a beginning. In coming months,
additional functionality and content will be added, and site glitches will
be fixed. During this time, I encourage you to provide comments and
suggestions by completing our feedback form
<https://americanbar.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_8DhLtNM1AToUtwx> .

I hope you enjoy everything the new ABA website has to offer.

My best to everyone, Jack

Jack L. Rives

Executive Director

American Bar Association  | 321 North Clark Street  | Chicago, IL  60654

T: 312.988.5225 (Chicago) | 202.662.1797 (DC) | M: 312.532.8350

 <mailto:jack.rives at americanbar.org> jack.rives at americanbar.org  |
<http://www.americanbar.org/> www.americanbar.org