[blindlaw] Skype for Business

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at visi.com
Sat Oct 13 14:21:32 UTC 2018

Nandini,

Skype for Business is generally quite useable.  I don't know if anybody is
real good at sharing documents and screens, but other functions work fine
for me.  There is a learning curve and there are some shortcuts that can
make certain things easier depending upon what else your business uses.
There a lot of keyboard shortcuts, but frankly, I tend to tab to most of
what I need.  Doug Lee does have scripts and they might be helpful, but I
would start by learning without scripts and then see which areas are
problematic for you.  I am assuming that you are asking because your
employer or school already uses it which means you don't have a choice of
platforms.  Skype for Business certainly works well enough that it won't
prevent you from performing job functions.

Microsoft has some lists of keyboard shortcuts, but it is important to know
which version of Skype for Business you are using.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson