[blindlaw] Maintaining balance in working on disability rights and client conflict / other principles which corporates and firms follow?

Amar Jain amarjain at amarjain.com
Fri Sep 7 13:28:03 UTC 2018

Dear all,

I am a corporate lawyer, working with a law firm. I am based in India.

Many times, I have to approach companies for inaccessibility, policy makers on disability issues and alike. Majority of the companies do not respond to emails, and it becomes essential to engage with them on social media to get the management into discussion mode.

Judiciary is out of my scope because of the client conflict principles. Therefore, my options are limited.

The social media engagement is causing some discomfort at my workplace. While these issues are being understood, however there is little hesitation in allowing me to continue doing this. Primarily because some of these companies can be a potential client in future. I am unable to seek recourse to the judiciary even on policy issues on disability, because while arguing the matter, some examples of discrimination could involve an existing or a past client.

How have you dealt with these situations? Are there any specific measures which deal with    these issues which form part of your social media engagement policy?

Any inputs will be appreciated.

Regards,
Amar Jain

Sent from my iPhone