[blindlaw] Writing the bar exam

Ben Fulton bluezinfandel at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 18 13:37:40 UTC 2018

Hi all,

I am currently studying for the Ontario bar. It is a two day 480 question exam that covers about 2,000 pages of material.

The exam is open book, and the scores are curved. I'm having a hard time dealing with the index.

Sighted students talk a lot about having tabs, and indexes that they can use to quickly look up the information they need. Time is a large component of the exam, and even though I will have twice as much time, making this a four day exam, I am still concerned about the time to look things up quickly.

For starters, the pdf file they sent was difficult to use, so I converted it to a word file, but this expanded the number of pages. So any index that other people have for this already will not work, because the page numbers won't line up.

Ideally, I would most likely want an html type of document with embedded links, then I could use the jaws find for specific words, and click on links within an index to quickly go to where I need to.

However, I have no idea how to format that.

If anyone has anysuggestions for writing the bar I would appreciate it.

Sincerely,
Ben